1. General Information
Hyundai Motors Co.,(hereinafter referred to as the “Company”) protects personal information andinterests of users by complying with relevant personal information protectionregulations such has the Personal Information Protection act. In addition, wehave the following personal information processing policy so that we cansmoothly handle user’s grievances related to personal information.
2. Purpose of collecting and using personal information
The companycollects personal information for the use of a vehicle navigation terminal(navigation, audio/video, Bluetooth, etc.) 1:1 reply and inquiry. The collectedpersonal information will not be used for any purpose other than what wasapproved by the company. If the purpose of use is changed, we will implementnecessary measures such as obtaining separate consent in accordance withrelevant laws and regulations such as the Personal Information Protection Act.
3. Items of personal information to be collected and howto collect them
1) collected Items
Vehicle information inquiry, author’s vehicle information (model name, date ofshipment), e-mail address, 1:1 contents(title, contents, contents whenattaching files, etc.)
2) How to collect personal information
Homepage (http://update.hyundai.com/kr/index.mms) 1:1 when using inquiry service, theauthor fills in the information field.
4. Retention and Use of PersonalInformation
1) The companyhandles and retains personal information within the period of retention and useof personal information in accordance with laws and regulations, or during theretention and use of personal information agreed upon when collecting personalinformation from information subjects.
2) In principle,all personal information collected is retained and used from the time the 1:1inquiry is received until the end of the 1:1 response. However, if there is oris a possibility of a complaint/dispute related to this 1:1 inquiry, it will beheld and used until the end of the complaint/dispute.
3) The companydestroys the personal information without delay when the personal informationbecomes unnecessary, such as the elapse of the personal information retentionperiod and achievement of the purpose of processing.
5. Personal information processing consignment
The companyentrusts some of the tasks necessary for the provision of services to externalcompanies, and through compliance contracts, etc., compliance with laws andregulations related to the personal information protection, confidentiality ofpersonal information, and provision of third parties, in case of accident. Weregulate the consignment, and the obligation to return or destroy personalinformation after termination of processing and managing it to comply with it.
Personal Information Processing Trustees
Content of Entrusted Work
Hyundai MnSoft, KTCS
Respond to 1:1 inquiries regarding map downloads and updates.
Navigation route navigation and guidance, error and other 1:1 inquiry response.
Hyundai MOBIS, LG Electronics, Harman
Navigation audio / video and Bluetooth
1:1 inquiries related to system function
※ The list of consigned companies may change depending on the servicechange and contract period. We will notify you in advance through notices.
6. Measures to secure the safety of personal information
※ Technical/Administrative ProtectionMeasures for personal information
In order to ensure the safety of the personalinformation in order to prevent the loss, theft, leakage, alteration of damageof personal information, the following measures are applied.
1) Technical Measures
① Encryption of customerinformation
Valuable personalinformation of customers are encrypted and store in the DB so that even if itis leaked by external intrusion, the customer’s personal information cannot beutilized
② encrypted communicationsection.
We take measures to ensure that the customer’sinformation is safely transmitted through SSL for the section where thecustomer enters and sends customer information when registering or logging inthrough the homepage.
③ Installation of SecuritySolutions
In order to provide service and safely managecustomer’s information, we perform personal information processing systemchecks, and apply DB encryption solution and screen capture preventionsolution. In addition, an intrusion prevention detection system is installed inpreparation for external intrusion such as hacking, and monitoring is providedfor hacking and external intrusionthrough the integrated security control center
2) Administrative measures
① Establish a PersonalInformation Management System
In order to safely manage personal information,we have established and operated a personal information management system internally.
② Operation of thePersonal Information Protection Committee
By forming a committee meeting at least twice ayear and make efforts to improve and correct matters such as the operation ofthe personal information storage system and personal information protectionissues.
③ Personal InformationHandler Management
We receive personal data protection pledges forpersonal information handlers who process customer’s personal information andconduct personal information protection training at least twice a year toensure the importance and safety of customer information. IN addition, throughthe management of the authority of the personal information processor, weminimize access and exposure of unnecessary customers’ personal information.
7. Personal Information Protection Officer
1) The company protects the personal information ofcustomers and processes only the attachments related to personal information.We are also in charge of designating the responsible department and personalinformation protection manager.
- Personal information protection officer name:
- Privacy officer name:
2) When a customer raises an opinion or complaint aboutthe company’s personal information handling matters to the above customerservice department or personal information protection officer, the company willpromptly and faithfully take action.
3) If you need to report or consult about other personal informationinfringement, please contact the following organizations
- PersonalInformation Infringement Report Center (operated by Korean Internet&Security Agency): privacy.kisa.or.kr / (without area code)118
- SupremeProsecutors’ Office Internet Crime Investigation Center: www.spo.go.kr /02-3480-3573
- National PoliceAgency Cyber Terror Response Center: www.netan.go.kr / 1566-0112
8. Changes to the Personal Information Processing policy
1) If the companychanges the personal information processing policy, the reason and the changeswill be notified at least 7 days in advance. The notice can be found in thenotice column on the first screen of the homepage or through a separate window.
2) The policy willgo into effect on June 25, 2019.